One of the things we consistently hear from homebuyers and visitors in Discovery West is that they love the neighborhood’s proximity to amenities. These include the connective trail system, the schools, greater outdoor recreation areas, developed community parks and, of course, dining and shopping. Luckily, we are right next door to the established neighborhood of NorthWest Crossing, which boasts many restaurants, specialty shops and professional services – all just around the corner from Discovery West.
One of these amenities is The Grove, a brand-new, mixed-use gathering space that features a wide range of businesses – including a “market hall” style open dining area. Visitors can take their pick of a wide range of food options and then choose a table inside or out of the new building. A few of the options include:
- Thump Coffee – The local chain’s fourth location (including one in Denver), this is a place to find coffee that is “hard to forget.” They focus on both the quality of their coffee, by building sustainable relationships with farms and producers around the world, and on the quality of customer experience for the people who drink it.
- ThAiPAS – Straight outta Thailand (their chef comes from a small island in the deep south of the country), this new restaurant serves authentic Thai street food. Here, they don’t make the traditional dishes that you will find at most U.S. Thai restaurants, and diners will love their sweet, savory and VERY spicy dishes.
- Left Coast Burger Company – Serving an “elevated diner burger” plus fries, shakes and beer, this locally owned joint is a delicious and fast dining option. They offer the option of adding cheese and bacon to any burger, and also have a vegan option. This is the venture’s second location, with the first in the Cascade Village Shopping Center north of town.
- Sebastian’s Seafood & Specialty Market – Opening soon, this local market features all things seafood. They will have ready to eat items, such as seafood salads, green salads, dips, salsa and more, while also offering a full-service seafood case and high-quality imported goods and specialty products.
- Sunny’s Carrello – You may recognize the name from its food cart origins, now newly located in The Grove. Originally dreamed up by the chef at NorthWest Crossing’s Sunny Yoga Kitchen, Sunny’s Carrello has Italian-inspired fare, including traditional pasta main courses, sides and sandwiches.
- Greenleaf Juice – Famous in Portland, and also with locations in Indianapolis, Greenleaf makes its debut in Bend at The Grove. This popular juice bar features raw, organic, fresh and responsibly-grown ingredients in its products, which include juices, smoothies, acai bowls, oatmeal bowls and more – all made from scratch.
- Waypoint at The Grove – The brainchild of the people behind Bend Brewing Company, Waypoint serves high quality cocktails, wine and has ten BBC beers on tap. They recently collaborated with their neighbor in The Grove, Thump, on a Mocha Porter, and hold regular special events, including a locals night.
- Elly’s Ice Cream – This modern ice cream serves up the very best locally-sourced, natural ingredients from the Pacific Northwest, with USDA organic-certified milk, cream, eggs and berries. Visit their counter for “artfully delicious super premium ice cream treats” made in small batches using sustainable practices.
In Phase Two of The Grove, they plan to add commercial office space and even residential condominiums. All just a short distance away from Discovery West!