One of the best features of our Bend, Oregon neighborhood of Discovery West is the variety of outstanding childcare and education options that surround us. Whether your family has young children needing quality childcare or early learning preschool in Bend, or you have older kids who will attend elementary, middle, or high school, our area offers some of Bend’s finest school options.
For younger children, nearby NorthWest Crossing boasts several amazing choices for preschool:
- A Child’s Garden is a Waldorf-inspired preschool and kindergarten prioritizing fostering a life-long love of learning from a young age. The daily rhythm in the classroom includes a variety of activities ranging from art, movement, music, crafts, drama, and more.
- A long-standing Bend preschool, Dana’s Discovery Kids Preschool encourages students to be creative, think outside the box, and have confidence. With a focus on offering movement activities, the school offers a gym, rock wall, and sand room.
- At Alphabet Academy, students are prepared for the next stage of learning. Emphasizing emotional, physical, social, and cognitive development, Alphabet Academy incorporates arts and crafts, fine and gross motor skills, music and movement, and outdoor play alongside academics and social skills.
- Acorn School is a holistic, fine art, and nature enrichment program based on the belief that children learn most effectively when they are playing and having fun. Though currently looking for a new location, the wait list is open.
If your family has childcare needs outside of school hours, here are some excellent options available at schools near Discovery West:
- A Child’s Garden: Extended morning hours provided before regular class hours.
- Dana’s Discovery Kids Preschool: Afternoon learning program available. Summer camp programs are also offered.
- Alphabet Academy: Before and after school programs offered for children through 5th grade.
Discovery West is adjacent to some of Bend’s finest public schools:
- William E. Miller is the public Elementary School located closest to Discovery West. Boasting a LEED Gold Certified building, Miller emphasizes environmental stewardship, positive relationships, community service, and high achievement.
- Our local Middle School, Pacific Crest, is committed to “empower[ing] students as creative thinkers, responsible decision-makers, and engaged members of society through practices that place the learner at the core of instruction.”
- Summit High School, home of the STORM, is known to offer outstanding academics and sports programs.
If you are looking at making Discovery West your home, we hope this list gives you a good idea of the nearby education options available to your family!