This month, our Neighborhood News is brought to you by Skipper, Discovery West’s spokesdog, who was born a Valentine (yes, his birthday is February 14!).
At the top of Skipper’s list for winter fun is Bend Winterfest, centered in Bend’s Old Mill District. The weekend-long event from February 16-18th features live music and entertainment, a craft marketplace, art installations, delicious food and drinks and more.
Those seeking a snowy escape close to town may want to check out Wanderlust Tours’ Valentine’s Weekend: Romance on the Snow. Taking place on the nights of February 9-11th and 14th, these snowshoe outings are sure to appeal to those who want to get out under the stars with the one they love.
Here are more of Skipper’s recommendations to make sure you enjoy what he loves most about Bend all month long, including some Valentine’s recommendations.
Best snowy outings:
- Valentine’s Weekend on the Snow, Wanderlust Tours February 9, 10, 11, 14th
- Enchanted Nordic Trek 3.0 at Hoodoo February 10th
- Bend Winterfest, February 16-18th
- Full Moon Nordic Night at Mt. Bachelor, Feb. 22th
Best places to enjoy music together:
- Check out the music and events calendar at the Source Weekly
Best places nearby for a Valentine’s Day dinner: